Definition and uses of cookies in this site A cookie is a small text file that’s stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. We use them to:
- Remember your preferences
- Tailor our sites to your interests
- First party cookies: These are set by the website when you login. Only that website can read them.
- Session cookies: These are stored while you’re browsing. They get deleted from your device when you close your browser e.g. Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Third party cookies (Google Analytics): These are set by someone other than the owner of the website you’re visiting. Google Analytics is the tool which helps website and the owners of applications to understand the way in which their visitors interact with them. GA can use some cookies to collect statistical information regarding the user behaviour without personally identifying the users. More information.